- Definitions, characteristics and application of the legislation
Cookies can be classified by their lifespan and the domain to which they belong.
By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie, which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- persistent cookie, which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which they belong, there are either:
- first-party cookies, which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain;
Pursuant to art. 5(3) of Directive 2002/58/EC (“ePrivacy Directive”), the prior informed consent of the user is required for storage on a user’s terminal equipment, or for access to information stored on a user’s terminal equipment. However, some cookies are exempt from this requirement and may be deployed by the website without your prior consent. This applies to cookies that are used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication, and strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly required by the user to provide that service.
In particular, “technical cookies”, do not require such consent. Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary in order to provide a service explicitly requested by the user. They are, in other words, indispensable to the correct operation of the website and are therefore required in order to perform the services requested by the user.
- Types of cookies used by the website and how to enable/disable them
The website www.organicity.eu uses the cookie Google Analytics. It is used for first-party aggregated statistical purposes only. This cookie helps us understand how the site is used by users. It does not collect user identity information or any personal information. The information collected is processed in aggregate and anonymous form. For more information about this cookie, go to www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/.
To opt-out from the cookie Google Analytics you may install this browser add-on provided by Google https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- How to view and edit the cookies through your browser